Monday 24 August 2009

Birdman Kicked My Ass+The Chicken Cow-Wesley Willis


Here is the aforementioned Wesley Willis with 'Bridman Kicked My Ass' and 'The Chicken Cow'. If punk rock stripped down the pretensions of Prog by taking things down to three chord rock then surely Wesley took us to an even more primeval place by basically using the same/similar backing track over and over in his work.
I was a little taken aback when I first heard the onslaught that is a Wesley Willis album, the repetition and lyrics usually detailing something/someone doing something to his ass..but after I stopped laughing I found myself being drawn back to the tracks and checking out his drawings(Which fetch around $900 a pop!). Check out the wiki link for more details and remember...
'Rock over London, Rock over Chicago...Heinz is America's favourite ketchup'




No comments:

Post a Comment